The field of artificial intelligence is rapidly expanding over the world. Due to the sheer way AI works, we engage with it daily without even realizing it. I decided to learn about artificial intelligence a few years ago because I wanted to teach it in my eighth-grade class. I didn’t realize how extensively AI was used in my daily life at the time, and I couldn’t explain what it was. My initial impression of AI involves robots, akin to what I saw in “I Robot” film.
I began my research on AI and challenged myself to write on a new topic after being inspired by one of Getting Smart’s January 2018 themes. Since then, artificial intelligence has piqued my attention, and I enjoy teaching it not just in my technology classes but also in my Spanish classes. I also regularly give talks at conferences or on podcasts, and I enjoy teaching educators about AI while learning.
Need of AI
As the world’s use of artificial intelligence grows, so does the demand for AI abilities. As a result, all educators must incorporate these developing trends and technology into our classrooms. To best prepare our students for whatever their future holds in terms of education and profession, assignment writers online must assist them in learning about changes in the workplace caused by AI and developing abilities to adapt to these changes.
One of the most pressing concerns has been whether AI will eventually replace humans in certain occupations. However, while AI and automation may eliminate some occupations, I’ve discovered that they will create new or alternative sorts of labour. As a result, new possibilities will arise, and we must continue to learn, adapt, and develop new talents to take advantage of them.
Students should know what artificial intelligence is, how it affects our lives now, and how it may affect our lives in the future. In addition, students need opportunities to learn more about AI and see if they are interested in pursuing a career in AI or a similar profession. In the best coursework help samples, I had discussed what we need to know about AI and education and resources for getting started.
Impact of AI on society
As there is no commonly recognized prediction for what the future of AI will contain, I believe we will know very soon whether we have contributed to a revolutionary event or whether we have truly brought disaster upon ourselves.
Let’s look at what we might expect, meanwhile, starting with the good features of AI.
- Levels of Productivity Will Rise
Many firms want to increase their productivity. According to a study conducted by Accenture, artificial intelligence can boost productivity by 40% and profitability by 38%. In addition, employees can spend more time focusing on matters because many responsibilities have been removed from their hands. Not to mention that they can devote their full attention to the tasks they enjoy and are proud of.
- Humans are spared from risks
There are instances when people must put their lives on the line to complete a task. However, we can now bypass the risky limits since we can hire AI robots to conduct dangerous jobs for us. Professions range from going to space to exploring the farthest reaches of the planet or the deepest portions of the oceans and even jobs requiring individuals to work in mining caves.
- Human Errors are Reduced
Everyone makes a mistake at some point in their lives. On the other hand, Computers do not, at least not when properly programmed. After gathering enough data from a set of algorithms, artificial intelligence systems judge. As a result, errors are minimized, and the likelihood of being exact and accurate is increased.
The seven most important AI themes for 2022 were identified in a recent Forbes report. Voice and facial recognition, cybersecurity, driverless vehicles, language modelling, and creative AI for a content generation were among the trends. Due to the technology we use for work and in our daily lives, we will all be influenced in these areas alone. So, as educators, what can we do to prepare our kids and ourselves better? We devise methods to assist students in developing their talents, or at the very least a desire to comprehend how the world is changing because of AI.
Best way to start AI in our classrooms
Here are five choices:
- AI4K12: Exploring the many resources available on the AI4K12 website makes it easy to pique your interest in AI. AI4K12 is an initiative headed by the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) and the Computer Science Teachers Association to produce recommendations for AI curriculum in grades K through 12. Assist students in learning about AI’s Five Big Ideas.
- AI in everyday life: One of my favourite things to do is look at the top ten ways we engage with AI in our daily lives. I got a list from a Forbes site that includes banking and fraud, Netflix, smart home devices, Amazon purchasing, email filters, social media networks, and travel, to name a few. I usually have a wonderful debate when I ask students to tally how many of the top ten they utilize regularly. It’s one thing to recognize that AI is involved, but it’s another to comprehend how it works. As a teacher, we must provide an opportunity for our kids to create and interact with artificial intelligence.
- Google Searches: I like to have my students undertake a simple Google search as another activity. We choose three words or concepts and then compare how many millions or billions of results we get in less than a second. We usually check the Dewey Decimal system artificial intelligence, and the pupils pick another term. This helps students grasp how artificial intelligence works to produce the answers, and then we talk about the advantages and disadvantages of having rapid access to so much data. It also allows us to acquire skill sets to comprehend the information we receive, process it, and determine whether it is relevant, valid, and credible.
- Google AI Experiments: Have students look at some artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) experiments depending on their interests. Encourage students to talk about what they learned, how it improved their understanding of AI and machine learning, and any questions they have.
- Microsoft AI for Good: There are tools for educators, and anybody interested in learning more about how artificial intelligence is being used in the classroom and better-preparing teachers to construct learning activities.
Artificial intelligence allows for a wide range of differentiation options and more individualized learning for students. Statistics assignment helpers will be able to access data, provide more timely feedback, and alter lessons in real-time to meet the requirements of individual students. We need to know how to defend ourselves and organize and absorb all the information we receive in an era where technology is becoming more prevalent in our schools and workplaces.