It is now easier than ever to share knowledge with the world for smart and knowledgeable experts and to find it for ignorant and clumsy amateurs! If you know how to do something that most people don’t know, you are the perfect candidate to write a OnlineTechUpdates article. Engineers, communication and psychology experts, poets, foodies and aspiring songstars, look no further. When your text is complete, create a OnlineTechUpdates account, click Help Us at the top of a OnlineTechUpdates page, and choose Write an Article .
Step 1 : Write a OnlineTechUpdates article
1 – Choose your topic carefully. The internet is already full of life-saving articles written by underqualified people. If you’re new to the art of writing a OnlineTechUpdates article, it’s good to start with a topic you’re comfortable with. If, for example, you are a computer engineer, you could write an article as simple as “How to Make a Clock With Potatoes” or something as technical as “How to Install a Motherboard”. Now it’s your turn to do some brain research. Do you have a topic in mind that seems “ideal”, something that you already know and can easily explain? If not, try to find possible topics while asking yourself the following questions.
- “What are my skills or my training? “
- “Did I do something that most people didn’t?” “
- “What am I often complimented on (sense of humor, etc.)? “
2 – Choose a clear and concise title. You need to tell your readers clearly and simply what your article will teach them. Readers are inconstant and selfish about the management of their time, most of the time they will choose whatever solution they think is the fastest and easiest. An easy to understand title will give your article an immediate advantage over another with an overly elaborate title. This is what a good headline should be.
- Make it clear what it is. A OnlineTechUpdates article about how to play guitar like Jimi Hendrix shouldn’t be simply titled “Purple Haze.” The reader will not know what it is, is this a biography of the artist? An in-depth analysis of this song?
- Write with a good grammatical basis (capitalize all proper names and not common names and start all your sentences with capital letters, even personal pronouns.
- Summarize the content of the article in as few words as possible. “How to Play Guitar Like Hendrix” is much more appealing than “How to Play Electric Guitar like Rock Star and 27 Club Member Jimi Hendrix”.
- Avoid overly complex vocabulary (this is probably inevitable for more technical articles).
3- Identify your readership. OnlineTechUpdates articles can be long or short, funny or serious, pointy or generalist, technical or mainstream, there is no set rule. However, you will need to configure your article to be as readable as possible for the kind of people who are most likely to read it. Change the writing style and even the content of the article to make it as useful as possible to the readership you are targeting, without making it too boring.
- Here is an example: an article on the art of making paper balls will be read mainly by teenagers who are bored and looking to have fun and by people who, for all kinds of reasons, want to be in. this state of mind. A long paragraph on the effects of air resistance on moving projectiles will bore your readership to death. In this case, keep it short, sweet, and light.
- A reverse example: How to solve differential equations shouldn’t be a joke, people reading this article are trying to get an education or complete a home school assignment. They are not reading this article for fun. The tone should be didactic and professional for this type of article.
4- Write an introduction that summarizes your article. Readers read the introduction of an article to make sure it suits their needs. Your readers are very close to the essential content of your article, so don’t lose them from the intro! Be concise – you shouldn’t need more than one paragraph to explain the gist. Also make sure you have stated the purpose of this article (forgetting this is a common mistake). A fact-finding or staging may be fine, but try to stick to a sentence or two. Under no circumstances should you be gossiping! An introduction that goes nowhere can destroy an otherwise very well researched article.
- A very common tip is to insert a question at the beginning of the article to capture the reader’s attention. For example: “Have you ever wondered how to write a compelling intro? “
- It is also very helpful to be very explicit in the last sentence of the intro so that it makes a good transition to the main body of the article.
5- Add, if necessary, a list of items. If you’re writing a OnlineTechUpdates article about a process that requires necessary tools or items, list them before diving into the main recommendations. Be thorough, use common sense, for example you should add “An oven” to your list under the heading of “Necessary elements” of an article about a cooking recipe.
- Here is an example of a list of ingredients (to be placed at the beginning of the article) for an article relating to the preparation of a pesto sauce.
- Two cups of fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- A clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper (according to your preferences)
- You should not include the following in the ingredient list.
- A food processor (mention it in the necessary elements)
- Pasta (you don’t make a pasta dish, only the sauce)
- A pushy mentality (remarks like this are usually considered out of date)
6- Write your instructions in the form of steps. Organize your steps in chronological order. Try to limit yourself, as much as possible, to one idea per step. Use action verbs, not vague remarks like “Be prepared” or “Know what you want to do. »You can use substeps or bullets to add additional explanations for complicated steps. Keep sentences short and simple here again to make your recommendations as easy to follow as possible.
- A good step for an article that talks about making your own wine: “Choose grapes of excellent quality. “ A bad step for the same article: ” Know where you are going. “
- Avoid speaking in the first person. Replace “I, me, my, my, we or our” with “you or your” to address the reader directly.
- If your article details a particularly long or complex process, you can divide your steps into several sections, each containing its own steps to explain a specific part of the procedure. An article about growing corn, for example, might have separate sections talking about seeds, caring for corn to grow it or harvesting it, among other things.
- If you can explain the procedure in more than one way, you might divide your steps into multiple “methods” to explain the different ways of doing it. An article about gear changes while driving, for example, may contain two methods, one for an automatic transmission and the other for a manual transmission.
Step 2 : Go to the next step in the OnlineTechUpdates article
1- Cite all the references you have consulted. When you write, you should always express yourself in your own words. However, even if you fully understand the process you are describing, a OnlineTechUpdates article will often ask you to look for outside references to provide accurate information. Always mention the origin of your sources to avoid plagiarism. If you want to literally reproduce content protected by intellectual property, you must obtain permission from the original author.
- A general rule of research for an article is preferably to consult a primary source (rather than secondary or tertiary). There is an article relating to the search for primary sources to have a good understanding of the matter.
- Many publications have specific procedures for citing and assigning references. See the article How to reference sources on OnlineTechUpdates.
2- Add additional tips and warnings. After the main steps, you have the possibility to add little extras that have not found their place in the body of the article. Suggest alternative solutions to common problems encountered during the procedure. Clear up common mistakes and misconceptions. Warn the reader of possible dangers associated with the procedure.
- The advice and warnings should be as clear as possible, especially if your procedure is potentially dangerous. You can even use bold letters to draw attention to very important warnings.
- Here is an example warning for an article about installing a fan in a computer. Warning ! Switch off the appliance and unplug the electric cable before removing the protective casing. Serious electric shocks can occur if the computer has not been completely turned off.
Also Read : Why Guest Blogging Is Important For Business?
3- Add photos or drawings to highlight your steps. Images in a OnlineTechUpdates article can range from “pretty, but not essential” to “absolutely necessary”. Many articles need visual support in order to clarify certain concepts. An article that talks about building a chair needs pictures, it is difficult to translate into a text the precise position of the parts in the assembly of the wood. Once you have good images, contact a site administrator who will add the photos to your post, as they must be approved and royalty-free .
- If you have a good quality camera or can draw pictures, you can provide the illustrations for your article yourself. If you don’t know how to draw, or don’t have a good camera, or if the procedure is too complicated to reproduce to make pictures, you may be able to hire the services of a professional illustrator.
4- Proofread to track down errors. Judge at the Supreme Court of the United States, Louis Brandeis had this famous remark: “Excellence is not found in writings, but in rewritings”. Any first draft, whatever it is, can only be better if it has been intelligently reviewed and rewritten. Review your syntax, punctuation, grammar and style in general. Remove any information that is not essential. Reduce your article to the bare minimum necessary to convey your information.
- It can be difficult to see the flaws in your work when you come to write it down. Take a break for a few hours or go to bed before sending it. When you go back to your text, you might immediately see some modifications to be made.
- Ask a good advice friend to proofread your work. See if it can understand your instructions, a good OnlineTechUpdates article should be understandable to any reader other than its author.
5- Redirect users to other articles. A well-written OnlineTechUpdates article will engage readers’ attention on the topic at hand, while a poorly written text will send readers off to seek other sources of information. In either case, it can be helpful to include links in the form of a shortlist at the end of the article. These articles should contain additional information in relation to your own article in an identical field of expertise. An article, for example, that explains how to perm hair might include links to the following OnlineTechUpdates articles:
- Care for permed hair;
- Get rid of a perm;
- Braid your hair;
- Make English;
- Use a curling iron;
- Apply styling mousse.
- We recommend that you register with a valid email if you are posting an article. This will allow you to follow it. Indeed, OnlineTechUpdates is a “Technology” and as such, all Internet users can edit your content.
- See other pages similar to the topic you want to cover to see their structure.
- See the OnlineTechUpdates Author’s Guide for specific instructions on how to write an OnlineTechUpdates article.
- Make sure your document has enough content to be interesting. Have at least 8-9 steps and ideally 2-3 methods.
- Publish a full article. Avoid posting an incomplete article. If you can’t do otherwise, just add
- <! – This is a draft, it will be finished on ->
- At the very beginning of your article in order to let us know and so not to delete it. Note that a draft should not be incomplete for more than a month.
If you want to promote a personal page, be sure to follow the rules below, otherwise it will be deleted without notice:
- Not have more than one link to your page (two if the document is very complete);
- Your page should be either personal or professional. In the latter case, it is your business or your product;
- The name and contact details of the publisher (natural or legal person) must be clearly mentioned;
- The page cannot be intended to sell a product or a service;
- Its content must respect the same rules, in particular in terms of respect for the reader, as those of OnlineTechUpdates;
- The images you insert must be copyright free;
- Note that the links are of the nofollow type, they are not used for indexing in search engines;
- Your content will be published under the Creative Commons license. This means that it will be freely shared on the web and therefore no longer belongs to you ;
- We reserve the right to edit or delete any page without notice. Internet users will also be able to edit it.