Link building is the process of getting links from other websites to your website and is one of the most challenging jobs for SEO managers. These links, also called hyperlinks, allow users to navigate web pages. High-quality link building boosts your website to get better search engine rankings, improves brand awareness, increases your website domain authority, and drives more conversions. But it’s not an overnight process, it takes time and continuous effort to show results.
More links to your website means more popularity, but keep in mind that Google can penalize your website for poor quality or spam links. If your website has good links, search engines rank your website to show visitors when they search for the keywords relevant to your site because even Google considers link building to be one of the essential factors of SEO. But, many people are unaware of the values that they can create through bonding and therefore underestimate this technique. First, we will discuss the structure and how the links are made, as it is crucial to understand the basics before moving to the advanced level. Below, we explain.
Different Types of Link Building
1. Traffic generating links – These type of links are not necessarily useful for improving your website ranking for specific keywords, but is used to expose your website on high traffic pages, so that your website can get more visits from the website you are linked to. This can come in the form of text links, banner ads, blog comments, social mentions, forum posts, popular directories, and many more.
2. SERP Elevator Links – This type of link building is used to get do-follow links on relevant pages using your keyword as anchor text. Make sure you use these keywords in hyperlinks to increase value. There are different ways to get a SERP Elevating worthy of links such as directory submissions, blog comments on relevant do-follow blogs, guest blogging, forum signatures, article marketing, and links. organic from relevant pages.
3. PageRank Building Links – This type of link has a big role in developing an SEO strategy that helps you improve your search results positioning for specific keywords. It is a simple and effective way to increase your PageRank.
4. Reputation Building Links – You can easily manage your domain authority and online reputation through reputation-building links. They are anchored with your company name or brand name so that more people can know about your business. This will increase the online branding of your business. Links are built to the main website as well as to your social profiles, blogs, and other affiliations that convey optimistic information about you.
5. Backlinks for your Backlinks – This is another smarter way to improve your search engine rankings. If you start linking to websites that have provided links to you, your ranking will automatically be affected. You can do this through social bookmarking, guest posting, etc. This way you can keep track of your related links. Social bookmarking notifies crawlers of the latest update. This way your link is quickly cached.
The Best SEO Techniques for Link Building
Guest Blog – Guest blogging is an SEO technique where someone writes and posts a blog post on a third-party website to promote their brand. It exposes your brand to a relevant audience and can be an effective method of generating awareness. Refer to our amazing blog post on “SEO Benefits of Guest Blogging”.
Blog Comments – Blog comments are very helpful in building links. One of the reasons your site is not getting enough traffic is search engine authority. Commenting on other people’s blogs gives you a backlink which indirectly helps you get more traffic to your website.
Forum – Forums are very useful in increasing the number of backlinks to your website. Link juice from a high-authority forum can be very helpful. Being active on a niche forum not only gets you quality links, but also good traffic to your website.
Infographic – Gone are the days when people used to link by just putting keywords into content. Now, search engines are looking for high-quality, fresh, and unique content, and adding infographics makes your content more attractive. When you post an infographic on other websites, they link to your site and if your infographic is engaging, visitors will click on it and visit your website. It also helps to increase traffic.
Directory Submission – This is one of the most useful and easy methods for link building. Directory submission to major directories gives online visibility and visibility to your website. In addition, your website will be easily indexed on search engines and get highly targeted traffic.
Social Bookmarking – This is the most important for those who want to promote their website and promotion nowadays is very important. You can place your web pages on well-known and popular bookmark sites and don’t forget to tag the keywords. These sites direct visitors to your website when they search for relevant keywords. Thus, it helps you to get huge traffic, improve website authority and pass link juice to your website.
Broken Link Building – This is the process of finding broken links on the website, where broken links are dead links that direct to a file that is no longer available on the World Wide Web. They are bad for the user experience and therefore not good from an SEO point of view. You can consult the “Ultimate Guide to Broken Links” for information on broken links.
Final Words: Link building can be done the right way or the wrong way. And if you choose the wrong one, you will be penalized by Google. Remember that quality is more important than the quantity of links. Hence, create links that look natural and try the techniques mentioned above for link building. It will surely help you improve your brand awareness and boost your search ranking. Keep up to date with link-building best practices and enjoy link-building!