With the growing competition, the need for solid marketing strategies is becoming a requirement to stand out in the market. Earlier, there were limited marketing tools to connect with the customers. It was hard for companies to identify whether the users on their target have been interested in their services or not.
It was even harder to differentiate potential customers from the crowd, or able to maintain user engagement on the website. But today, time has changed, and technology is ruling the world.
From the development and success of app development to designing flutter push notifications, as a catalyst in the middle, to wake up the inactive users have given a new face to the way ecommerce businesses run in the current dynamic market.
Now, let’s discuss how push notifications have been a game-changer for many online marketplace platforms.
Problems that online businesses face regularly
- Cart abandonment: Being an online marketplace, you might have come across such issues, where the customer left the item in the cart and does not return to buy it. It slows down the sale progress on the app or website.
- Inactive users: There are times when a user downloads the app and sign up for it. Later they do not show up and miss out on great deals and offers, a new range of products and premium memberships on the app. That affects the growth of the brand.
- Poor customer targeting: Companies put a lot of effort into bringing customers to the app or website. Later they realise that those users were never interested in their services, wasting their time and efforts of the company.
How push notifications work like a lamp in the dark
- Works like a reminder: Push notifications ring a reminder bell in users’ minds to proceed with the orders that they left in the cart. These pop-ups create an urgency in the user by prompting messages like “Your cart item is about to get out of stock”, “prices dropped on your cart item”. Such messages help companies to bring back users to the app.
- Wake up the lazy ones: Usually, when a user does not visit the app or website for a long time, push notifications make them remember the services offered by the company by making users’ click on the pop-ups and reach the app.
- Website traffic Booster: Push notifications are sent according to users’ interests convincing them to want more. For instance, the user has saved their preferred items in the wish-list, and they receive a pop-message that there is only one left in the stock from the wish-listed item or there is a sale on your wish-list. That makes the user click on the website that eventually increases website traffic.
7 things to pack before making push notifications travel to users’ phone
1. Take care of the time zones: Usually, companies make the mistake of neglecting the difference in the time zones causing users to get irritated by receiving these notifications in the middle of the night when they are in their deep sleep. Such ignorance from the company’s side leads users to opt-out from your push notification services.
So make sure you keep in mind the time zones when you are dealing globally with the customers.
2. Segment them before hitting push: Every user is unique based on their choices and preferences. So you won’t be able to create interest in them with the same type of services and offers. You need to separate them into common groups. It is a much easier and faster process to attract customers to your website.
3. Personalization has its charm: When you segment users based on their choices and interests, it gets easier to customize push notifications for every section of the division. it will help you get a more positive response from the customers.
4. Set your target before shooting pop-ups: You cannot just send disinterested users to push notifications. Make sure you note users’ activity on your website or app. For instance, how many times users visit your website, the number of clicks on a product, items in the cart, items in the wish list. Such actions help you know users’ expectations and then you can easily target those users who are the best suitable potential customers.
5. Always choose quality over quantity: Don’t you get irritated when you get notifications ringing one after the other on your smart device? Similarly, users get frustrated with multiple push notifications in a day. Don’t let them slip off your hands due to such petty acts. Push notifications should not be sent more than once in the whole day and not more than 5 a week. To maintain this number, it will do the magic.
6. Do your homework before submitting the paper: You can know your customers through their search history results, what they want. You can analyze their actions and then give your customers their expected requirements.
7. Be a creative pro: Today you will find thousands of companies providing the same services as you do. So you must outshine them and stand out in the market. To do so you can indulge your users by sending them creative push notifications which can make them feel important? You can send those emojis as they represent emotions much better than words. You can play with the content by phrases like, “Your cart misses you”, “be your boss with this outfit”, “are you ready for Friday night?” etc.
In a nutshell
If you think that sending flutter push notifications is enough, then you are wrong my friend. You need to focus on the key points that we discussed above and you are good to go!