If you replaced your old Android phone with a new one, you might want to transfer all or some specific files from your old device to the new one.
Although you can still use the file manager to transfer your files, it is not an efficient way to accomplish this task when you are moving all data from one device to another device.
Fortunately, your Android mobile provides you with a feature to back up all the data on the device . When you set up a new device, you can use the backup from the old device and restore it to your new device. This way you will instantly have all the content from your old phone to your new phone.
If you don’t know how it all works, the following guide will take you step by step on backing your Android data.
1.Backup and restore Android data through Settings
Some manufacturers of Android phones offer their users the possibility of making an Android backup of their data and their applications. However, this method only works with devices from the same manufacturer.
So, to restore Android data backup through settings, you need to save this backup to PC first and then copy it back to the new Android phone. Backup via settings can backup photos, music, contacts, SMS, apps, videos, as well as call history.
Here’s how to backup your Android data through settings:
- Go to your Android device’s settings.
- In the search bar, type “Backup and restore” and then click.
- Select the types of data you wish to save, then click on “Save”.
- Once the backup is complete, you can copy it to your PC and then transfer it to another device of the same brand to restore it. Note that the location of the backup varies depending on the manufacturer.
- Finally, to restore the backup, proceed in the same way as you used to back up the data but click on “Restore”.
2. Backup and restore Android data with AnyDroid
There is an offline method that allows you to create a local backup of your device on your computer. You can then restore it to your new phone and your new phone will have all the data from your old device.
Thanks to the powerful Android AnyDroid data manager you will be able to make this local backup and then restore it. It allows users to create and restore backups on their Android phones. android can transfer all types of data including contacts, messages, call history, apps and all other types of files.
It comes preloaded with many other features which are listed in part below:
- Create local backups of your phones with just one click.
- Easily transfer files between devices.
- Clone a variety of files including apps, contacts, messages etc.
- Selectively transfer data from one mobile to another.
It is highly recommended to use this offline method as it will allow you to save your bandwidth, easily create and restore backup on your phones. Download android on your PC or Mac and here’s how to take Android backup and restore it to a new phone.
- Launch android on your computer. Connect your Android mobile to your computer using a USB cable.
- To back up your Android data, you can directly click on the “Content to PC” button .
- Then select the categories of data you want to save on your computer and press “Next”.
- Once the backup is successful, you can recover it by clicking “Content to device”.
- After that, select the backup folder which you find in “Documents” then click “Open” and AnyDroid will start to restore data to your Android device.
3. Backup Android data with Google Drive
One of the ways to create Android backup and restore is the Google Drive method. You can also restore a Google Drive backup. If you don’t know yet, your Google Account provides you with a backup feature that allows you to store your device’s backups in the cloud.
When you get a new Android device, you can click on the restore option to restore the Google Drive backup of your old phone to your new mobile. Your new mobile will then download the backup from Google and copy all of its content to your new device.
Google Drive backup can back up data like contacts, music, photos, videos, and files. But it should be noted that you will only have 15 GB of free storage , so you will have to pay a subscription to have more storage space.
Also Read: Benefits of Mobile Health Technology?
Here’s how to do it:
- The first thing to do is to create a backup of your old Android phone. Go to the menu and launch the Settings app on your device. Next, tap on Google and then on Backup to display the backup settings.
- On the backup screen, click “Backup Now”.
- Finally, wait for your phone to create a full backup of your phone.
4.How to restore Android Google Drive backup
In order to restore Android backup to Google account, follow the steps below:
- Start setting up your new phone and when it asks you if you want to restore a backup, choose yes and enter your Google login details for it to retrieve and restore the backup to your phone.
- As soon as the backup is restored, you will find that all the content on your old device is now available on your new device. From settings to apps, everything should be available on your new phone.
If you’ve bought a brand new Android phone and don’t know how to get your old data back, the guide above should teach you how to make a backup of your old device and restore it to the new one. We hope it will help you ease your migration process. Try out this powerful data manager called AnyDroid because it makes it easy for you and it can back up and restore all types of Android data.
Please feel free to share this guide if you have successfully back up and restore Android data.